Friday, November 5, 2010

All Things Are Possible, Pass the Word

I have a favorite little book that I read from time to time called, "All Things Are Possible, Pass the Word", by Barbara Milo Ohrbach. Following are some passages from this inspirational book...

..."today, I find it's almost too easy to be pessimistic. We live in a complex, uncertain world that seems out of our control and can sometimes make us feel powerless. It's hard enough to face the everyday obstacles, let alone think about trying to make a difference in the big picture. But we must not give into this feeling. One person doing something can make a difference. In the nineteenth century, Goethe wrote, "Let everyone sweep in front of his door and the whole world will be clean". We must have faith in ourselves and what we can accomplish. Then we can pass on this feeling of empowerment, enriching our lives and the lives of others as well....(My hope is that this blog will)...encourage and challenge all of us to do, and keep on doing, something we've always wanted to do but never attempted. Remember that all things are possible--and optismism is meant to be shared. If you pass the word, you will help someone else to believe it, too.--Barbara Milo Ohrbach

And the last thought I would like to leave you with today is this...
"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. The longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonder of the world". John Burroughs
Namaste. Ann Bissell Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment