Friday, November 5, 2010

Coming Full Circle

I began modeling back in the late 1970s, when was a college student. At that time, I was attending CEUCA (Centro Estudios Universitario Colombo-Americano) in Bogota, Colombia in an off campus program, which lasted one year. I was on the cover of LAURA and did various TV commericals. The experience of living in an emerging country such as Colombia, and seeing the disparity of rich to poor, was one of the reasons that prompted me to go into the Peace Corps, after graduating from The College of Wooster.

Once joining the Peace Corps, from 1980-1983, I lived in the sub-saharan bush of Morocco, North Africa, in a small Berber village called Goulmima, and taught English as a foreign language (TEFL) to high school students. This experience led me on to obtain an MBA at the University of San Francisco, USF, and eventually have positions in international marketing with a number of financial instituions, where I traveled to places such as Argentina, Uruguay and the Cayman Islands.

I now feel as if I have come full circle. And I am able to use all of these experiences to work for an organization such as MODELS MAD (Models Making a Difference), MAA (Models Against Addictions) and Super Role MODELS. Please, won't you share your story with us and let us know how you are helping in your community and the world.

We want to initiate a movement and you can be part of it!! Our first goal is to enlist 1,000 models that will create a powerful marketing tool in which we reach the media and various other charitable and fund raising organizations such as MAA (Models Against Addictions)
http://.www.modelsagainstaddictions.org


No comments:

Post a Comment